Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Workpalce Technologies... Day 2

Well, it is now day 2 of Workplace Technologies and I think I am getting the hang of at least what the book has to offer. As of right now, I am learning the basics of making new folders and saving files as well as copying and pasting, stuff I do at work on a daily basis, but I guess it doesn’t hurt to have a little refresher on the basic steps so I can learn how to perform and complete the harder tasks that I have yet to learn. As far as Microsoft Word 2007, I find it a little harder to use and navigate with than the 2003 version. With posting blogs, it is easy because I know those steps already. I think with a little browsing around on my spare time, then I could eventually get used to it, I am going to have to. I just can’t wait to use all the technology that we are going to have to use in this class. I like learning with my hands. I am a visual learner and since we are going to actually learn how to use everything, I think it will be very interesting. Although we really haven’t gotten into the using of the technology used in this class, I already am getting a little taste of how it is going to be by performing the basic tasks out of the book in my homework. When I talked to my boss about the technology that I will be learning in Workplace Technologies, he was excited. Now, let’s just hope, no matter what the cost, he gives in a little and invests in what I am going to learn because I think some of the technology used in this class could benefit him and his law firm. I think it would benefit all three attorneys in our law firm and help them get up to date with the technology used in businesses. Well, I have to finish up the homework that is due next week, day 3 of Workplace Technologies. As of right now I am getting the hang of it. Yeah, it’s a lot of work for one assignment, but business and/or computer’s are me and it is what I like to do for the rest of my life!

No comments: