Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Workplace Technologies - Photoshop

Today, I learned how to use Photoshop for the first time. While using Photoshop, I learned how to edit photos, create a slideshow, straighten a photo as well as take wrinkles out of photos. This is the first time that I had to ever use Photoshop. My mom owns this program for their business, so it is helpful for their business when creating trophies, plaques, shirts and/or coffee mugs for their clients. At my place of work, I really do not think this could be of any use. With working for attorneys we really do not use pictures. In the field of employment law, we never have to deal with pictures so we wouldn't have to "restore" any pictures of any kind. Now, if I were to go further with my education and go into the field of art, then this could be extremely useful in my career. Since I am still undecided on what I plan on doing after graduating, I am not sure what I would use Photoshop for. That is to be determined later on. After class today, I plan on going over what I as a team member need to go over to work on our team projects next week. Next week, my group is going to working on the Dragon Naturally Speaking and Voice Recognition. So, for next week, I will need to have read the instructions sheet provided for the group on Blackboard.

No comments: